Friday, March 5, 2010

KATIE: IN SPAAAACCCE

On Wednesday, March 3, I attended the 3rd Annual Math and Science Discovery Night at Edward Harris Jr., Middle School.
The NASA Explorer Schools program sponsored the event, so naturally people from NASA were there- specifically one person from the NASA Ames Research Center in the Bay Area, Alicia Baturoni Cortez.
She had a laptop where visitors could fill out their name and address to be recorded on a chip and sent into space for The Glory Mission that launches in late 2010.
I received an e-mail the next day saying I would be part of the “Send Your Name Around The Earth” program.
How exciting! I may never get to go into space, but at least my name will!!

To read more about The Glory Mission visit http://glory.gsfc.nasa.gov/

It’s actually pretty cool, even without the sending names into space part.

No comments:

Post a Comment