Monday, August 24, 2009

Elk Grove Celebrity Psychic Reads My Mind

I’m skeptical when it comes to psychics. But I do believe there are things in this world we don’t understand, or have not yet discovered- both spiritual and scientific.
Having said that, I’m always open to new information- whether I disagree with it or not.
I met Celebrity Psychic and Elk Grove resident Belinda Bentley at a local Starbucks a few months ago. She’s been on national TV programs, and is the personal psychic for celebrities Dave Navarro and Margaret Cho.
She’s not a one-trick psychic. Bentley can read tarots, read palms and perform energy healing. She even does exorcisms on body parts.
“I’ve worked with people who thought different body parts were haunted,” she said. “It’s not that uncommon.”
Recently, a television network contacted Bentley and asked her to work with celebrities in a reality-type TV show.
Bentley is only 30 years old, but has already experienced so much in her life. She grew up in a conservative household in Los Angeles where spirits were considered demonic, she said. However, Bentley frequently felt spirits in her childhood home. Bentley said cabinets in the kitchen would open without anyone there and other strange phenomena would occur.
When she was a teenager, a friend jokingly suggested she was psychic. The friend’s boyfriend tested Bentley’s psychic skills by asking her a specific question, to the effect of “what did I do on a certain night a few years back?” He mentioned a specific date. Bentley guessed based on what she could see in her mind and was dead-on right. From that point on she decided to foster her psychic abilities. She moved to New Zealand for one year at age 20. More psychic experiences ensued.
While on a New Zealand beach, Bentley reached down to pick up a seashell. She felt a hand on her back. Bentley turned around to present the seashell to the person touching her, who she assumed was her daughter. She was shocked that no one was there- her daughter was on a hill in front of her.
Bentley has many stories about answering her past clients’ questions accurately, and knowing information that no one, or very few people could know about the person.
Psychic readings allow her to help people one-on-one, which is rewarding, she said.
But when people don’t listen to her advice Bentley said her job can be frustrating.
“There’s been times when people don’t listen and their life is hell,” she said. Then Bentley has to hear a sad story, which could have been prevented.
But when people do take-up Bentley on her advice, they’ll send her an e-mail saying she changed their life.
“I remember one woman, she tape recorded our hour session and she said ‘everything in that reading has come true,’ she said ‘every last detail,’ and I’m like ‘that’s 100 percent, that’s unheard of, even for me!’”
I’ve never encountered a psychic who is so shocked at her own abilities.
“We’re not taught that this is normal, but it is,” she said. “Everybody has a psychic connection.
“There are so many people who say they wish they came with a manual so they would know how to live life and a lot of people think that’s the Bible. I personally think it’s our intuition.”
She said people should listen to their intuition.
“You want a manual, and you don’t think you have one,” she said. “It makes no sense when you’re getting hints.”
To enhance or get in touch with your intuition, Bentley suggests meditating.
“Developing you intuition is about listening to yourself,” she said.
After our chat, Bentley gave me a reading.
I’ve had readings before and I’ve rarely liked them. I used to work at a retirement facility where one resident had been a psychic in NYC’s Hell’s Kitchen for 50 years. She gave me a reading and said I would go to graduate school (yeah!) but I would be low income for the rest of my life and only have one or two children (I want four.)
Another psychic once told me my heart is closed and it will be at least 8 year before I find love. Good thing that reading was free at a Farmer’s Market!
Even if the readings were good, I’d like to think we control our own futures.
Bentley had good predictions for my future. But one thing she said stuck out in my mind. It wasn’t something of great importance, but I can’t figure out how she could have known this fact.
Bentley said she felt like there was something else she had to tell me. After a long pause, she asked me if I’m going through a name change. “I’m am!” I replied. My friends and family call me Kate, but I’ve always applied to jobs with my full name, Katie. I mentioned to my mom that I might go by Kate at work too. Bentley said this would greatly help my career and my outlook on myself in my future career.
This wasn’t earth shattering, but I can figure out how she knew this. Maybe a lot of people are transitioning from their full name to a nickname? Or, Maybe Bentley saw a vision of the conversation I had with my mom in her mind?…

No comments:

Post a Comment