Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Making over the EG Citizen kitchen was fun. I wish I could’ve left it like that, but I had to return some items and, of course, I kept some for myself.
I loved the bright colors in the pillows on the couch, but the great deal I got on the two orange pillows on the table chairs ($8 each) helped me excuse myself from returning them.
I bought most of the items at Cost Plus in EG. There were LOTS of good deals there. Home Goods I next door- they have a lot of great art, bath stuff and random décor furniture.
I also kept the wooden tray. I think it was about $5 to $7.
I really do re-decorate for spring. As far as the cleaning- Ugh- I’m not a fan. But it’s necessary. I mean, why decorate a dingy place, right?
Plus, I learned a lot of great tips when I interviewed local people for the spring-cleaning article.
This H&G issue has revved-up my passion for gardening, spring-cleaning, decorating and all things home and garden.
I’ve had several projects in the works months ago that I plan on starting-up again.
I want to make a custom frame for a cheap-y full-length mirror I bought at Wal-Mart about five years ago. I also want to paint a triptych- not sure of what yet. I received an amazing cookbook for Christmas called “Hello, Cupcake!” I plan to make some of the cupcake creations from that book. I will post all of these pictures!! Stayed tuned for other decorating tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment